Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Isn't this just gorgeous?!  I think that outta all God's critters, a horse is the prettiest!
I love them, call me a horse lover, cowgirl or just plain horse freak, I love 'em!
True, I might not have the skills to go saddle one and go rope cattle off it, if that crosses out being a cowgirl, then I guess I'm a horse freak who wears boots all the time!hahaha  Blake(in the picture, on the right) is on who you could ride around bareback all day, (though I doubt that it would be very comfy!) or go saddle him and work cattle on him.  Hippie Chick(on the left) will hopefully one day be one who is a calm as Blake, she's 4 years old and still needs to learn a little bit(get it? Bit, saddle, headstall? Oh forget it!) on the proper manners of being rode!  But one day, she'll learn them!  I've loved horses since I got my first one, Penny was her name.  She was a little sorrel mare but she didn't seem very little to me, I couldn't have been more than 4 years old when I first started riding her.  But I lost her to a lightning storm when I was 5 or 6.  Then we had  Flame, a horse that we acquired  from family.  He too seemed huge to me, but he was a gentle giant in my mind.  I remember dad leading him around the horse trap with me on Flame's back, my smile ranging from ear to ear.  Dad would lead him to the gate of the little lot that we fed him in and let go of the lead rope allowing Flame to trot as fast as his old legs could carry him up to the feed trough with me bunching along on his back, having a blast.  But he was getting on up there in years, and finally we had the vet put him to sleep.  Meanwhile, I have gotten another horse, a black one named Sundance.  But he was never a Penny or a Flame to me.  I guess in my first 4 or 5 years was where my obsession/ love of horses started, I never could(and never will) get enough of them!!  The smell of a horses and the look in their big soft eyes had my hooked from the very beginning!   I've been blessed all my life to have horses.   In a span of 11 years starting with Penny and right now with Hippie Chick, my love for horses has only grown more!  Never ever do I tire of watching my herd of horses graze in the horse trap!

Which is probably why I have more than a 1,000 pictures of my horses and dogs!hahaha

Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment