Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ol December

Hmm already December is it?  Doesn't seem like it should be but I guess it is.  And of course that means Christmas shopping and everything that entails, colder weather, watching the NRF Finals with dad, and all that good stuff.  Deer season ended with a bang(literally) last Friday when I killed this big honk daddy of a buck;
Me with the bestest huntin guide in the world, ol daddy:)
That was seriously the LONGEST I've ever hunted for a deer.  Oh and get this, after hunting all over the place, I killed him about 60 yards away from the yard fence when he chased a doe through the horsetrap.  The horses weren't too bothered with it, seein's how all they did was trot back towards the barn after I shot.
Away that's been about the biggest excitement around here in the last couple weeks.
Tomorrow we're goin to town to do some Christmas shoppin and I'm gettin my hair cut + some blonde highlights in it.  
It's sure enough turning into winter out here in the Osage; just plain ol COLD!  I'm talkin hooded sweat shirts, Carheart coats, wild rags and felt hats every time you go outside. Now if it would just snow, I'd be happy!

I guess that's all I've got to post about tonight, I'll try to get some new pics and post 'em soon!




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the deer! My oldest son says"who shot that?" He's a bit jealous. He's been out and has not got a deer yet, this is his first year. He's seen the "big one" but hasn't been close enough(bow hunting...takes the gun and sees only a skunk. ;)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank ya:) Hope your son gets a big one! It was a long drawn-out two weeks of hunting for me so I was sure happy to get this buck!
    Thanks for the comment:)

    ReplyDelete