Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm baaaack! With Buffalo Workin pics!

Hiiiii!  Remember me?  Yep I'm back.  Again.  And I got pictures!  Lots and lots of pictures of the buffalo working!









How would you like to run everyone of these huge beasty's through a cattle squeeze chute?  Maybe chase them down the alleys at the buffalo pens in a feedtruck that has no brakes(At. All.)?  Stand on a catwalk beside the tub and push them into the chute with rattle paddles and hot shots?  Yall have no earthly clue what I'm talking about huh?  Alright let me explain....
Every November all 2700(+/- a few) head of buffalo that the TGP runs up here, get gathered into the traps by the buffalo pens. Day after day they get sooked into the traps, each trap being smaller and closer to the pens than the last.  Finally a few(about 45 to 50 I'd say) get pushed into a holding pen by the pens and eventually they're pushed thru a maze of alleys and they end up here:
Dad and Lee latching a gate
In the main big alley.   They sort off about 10 or so and run them up the alley closer to  the tub...
Then they get pushed into the tub itself...
That'd be Miss Lauren up there with a hot shot
Greg( in the white shirt) and Lauren trying to get the buffalo lined out
Then one by one the buffalo are pushed into the chute(thats there by Lauren)....
Kevin, Dad, Greg, Lauren and Lee.
Annnd then while everybody up at the front chute takes care off the buffalo (i.e gives them shots, checks ear tags ect ect), everybody at the back has important life conversations about hot shots not working:
Dad and Kevin
Lauren and Lee

Lauren being very bored.
Waiting....

Into the chute....


Annnnnd then.....
They end up down here at the big chute, where Perry, Bob, Jack and Danny give them their yearly checkup.

Mr. Jack getting ready to give a buffy a shot
Perry waiting for Bob to come check the ear tag on this buffalo
Danny running the chute 
Danny and Bob
And then after everything's done...


....away they go out into the pen and wait to be turned back out!

And 7 days later, they're all turned back out into the big pastures...the calves were branded and ear tagged, old bulls and cows were sorted off and sold and everything was happily ever after, the end!



Whoa whoa whoa wait a minute.  This post AIN'T over with!
Now for more pics!  We had my uncle, his two girls, Jaime(his lady friend), her two boys, my aunt, Little Britches, mama, and me at the pens.  
Little Britches, Me, Rylee, Raylin(cousins), Jack, and Jaime holding Jared

Jack, me and Jared looking at the buffalo
Something must've been funny
We spent probably 5 hours at the pens watching the guys work the buffalo, then we came home, jabbered and talked, everybody left, I thanked God in heaven above that I survived the day with all the kids ect ect.  Hahaha just kiddin, It was a fun day!

I took 335 pictures that day, I spent the next day editing them and making up a picture slide show dvd for all the guys.  Then finally on the last day of the working, I gathered up all the DVDs  and headed for the shop.  Everybody liked it :)  
After 2 or 3 hours, everybody started to clear out and that wrapped up Buffalo Workin 2011.....it surprisingly went over well, none of the trucks got tore up too bad, nobody go run over, dad didn't smack anyone with a rattle paddle...all that good stuff.  Hahaha   
I can't wait till I turn 18 so I can go work at the buffalo working :)   

So ok I guess this post can be over with now!

The end! 



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. whew.... found ya! I was here ....then...went away....then.... couldn't find your blog again! I only 'followed'.... instead of copy, paste and add feed etc...to my blog lines. And... man.... I just didn't know the actual name of the blog.... just Josie...and that didn't cut it to find you again. So...like a clever old bird....hahahah.... (pretty proud of meself here)....I checked my "history" and found out where I had been...wheeeeee....... good for me.

    Anyway... after all that braggin'....... are these big guys pretty friendly? I mean....there's Perry scratchin a big ol head...and standin right in there with one of 'em..... are they just not used to much in the way of human invasion, or kind of used to you guys, or don't give a hoot or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha hey thanks for followin me! The buffalo are crazy wild, and they can be pretty mean if they get cornered. Perry was trying to keep that one calm while the boss man put a ear tag in it's ear but that buffalo wasn't too happy bout it! Perry's pretty good with 'em, he's been doin this since the early '90s so he's kinda a buffalo whisperer!lol

    ReplyDelete