Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Big Barn: A Inside "Tour"

I've wrote about The History of My Land, where I've told of my great-great granddad working as a cowboy here on the TGP and even showed off a few(ok a lot) pictures of the Bunkhouse and the Big Barn, but never have I went inside barn to give ya'll a "tour" of my favorite building on this place!  The barn where my precious War Pony; Tonto, lives. 
This is the barn I'm talking about:
Looking at it from the west
Looking it from the front(the south)

Another picture of the front
Standing back in the barn looking out towards the south
In the barn where Tonto eats...

I played around on Picnik.com with this on
 And where, after he eats every last piece of his feed, he eats every single piece of food off the ground that he dropped....

Where there's old Barn Swallows nests and a Coke can is nailed up on the rafters...

Notice the horse hair dangling from the nest 


And where Tonto gets his hair hung up on the wood and rips half of his mane out...

My favorite place to set:

In the door of the tack room.  
I wish that tack room could tell stories, jeeze the stories it could tell!


Looking inside through the hole in the tack room door...
Nothin in there but a lime green halter and a trashcan full of Tough Horse!

And the old horseshoes that are nailed up above the door...

And the barn where I pester Tonto every evening....

He looks so happy, doesn't he?!

And where I make him stand still so I can take pictures of his fuzzy nose...

And where Tonto stands there and poses for the camera....





"Are you bout done yappin yet?!"
Why yes Tonto, I am...........because I just ran out of pictures.
So I guess that's the sudden end of my long-winded post!

Oh and one more thing, I found this quote today and just loved it:

"The Old West is not a certain place in a certain time, it's a state of mind. It's whatever you want it to be"-- By Tom Mix


Ok I'm done yappin! haha 
 Thanks fer lookin!:)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking barn, soo big compared to ours but then there is mostly just the two of us and even in the Great White North, horses don't stay in the barn.

    Do you ever put feathers in Tonto's hair? I used to when I was your age, make them fancy like the Indians used to, wrapped in red felt tied with yellow thread at the base covering a small loop made of thin leather. Then I'd braid them in the top of the mane by my mare, Gypsy's ears. I used to ride all over bareback, no shoes, just a loop of bailing twine for steering her, and pretend I was a young brave out on the prairie.

    You make me remember when I was a kid, close to 45 years, a long time ago. But then I never quite grew up either. It's a Peter Pan thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't put feathers in Tonto's mane....YET!;) I've got a bucket full of turkey feathers saved for just that purpose. And I've even got some Red & Yellow paint that I'm gonna use and put hand prints on his sides and butt!haha
    There's nothin quite like ridin a paint horse bareback across the open prairie, kinda takes ya back in time!
    Thanks for the comment Cowgirl!:)

    ReplyDelete