Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Sunday, August 29, 2010

My new Kemosabe, Tonto

You know Kemosabe, like the Indian word for "friend"?Hahaha just forget it!  Anyways, meet Tonto...
He's possibly my new horse! 
 I get to try him out and ride him for a few days before we settle on buying him.

Me and Tonto
 
Again

Little Britches feeding ol Tonto some grass

While Blake is standing there banging on the fence, mad that he didn't get fed this evening.




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of partial to that colour of horse. My paint horse Pic is kind of a nut, used to be a pro Heading horse, and he thinks the only way to run up on a cow is a hundred miles and hour but I love him to bits. Tonto looks pretty quiet though. That's always a good thing and nice that you get to try him out. Does Kemosabe really mean friend? I didn't know that when I used to watch the Lone Ranger, years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, sometimes the best horses are nuts!LOL This horse belongs to a guy, well actually his son, who've had him since he was a colt and have rode him every day. He's sure enough dead broke, I think. Plus he's pretty short, kinda nice for a girl who's short!;)
    As for Kemosabe really meaning friend, I'm not sure. My fondness for "spaghetti westerns" and the fact that Tonto is a Paint made me think of the Lone Ranger so I just started calling him my Kemosabe Tonto!LOL Oh boy, I watch to much TV!!haha

    Thanks for the comment CCC!
    Josie

    ReplyDelete