Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Saturday, July 31, 2010

History of my Land

The purpose of this post is, well, I don't really know what the purpose is.  I must've been inspired by going and watching my dad and the other cowboys Ship Cattle last week.  Anyways, the other night while on the way home from town, I took this picture:
This sign is about 5 miles south-west of my house.  The old ranch was in the heart of Osage County, Cattle Country and Indian Land.  This is the bunkhouse at the headquarters of the ranch.  

And the barn......

Awesome huh?
Now then, for the really cool stuff....
This picture is of the old cowboys who used to work on the ranch back in the '40s
 See the guy in the middle, holding his hat up higher than the rest?
That would be Ben Johnson Sr.(His son Ben Johnson Jr. was the actor that was in movies with John Wayne).  He is my Great-Great Grandad.  Pretty neat stuff huh?!
I wrote about this stuff on my other blog here: Little Peace of Osage County History

Anyways, I guess that's all for this pointless post!hahaha
P.S.......
Long Live....
Cowboys!! 
That would be my oh so photogenic daddy the the picture above.
And Long Live....
COWGIRLS!!!
 And that would be my best friend, Cattle Kate the Steer Whisperer.  She's not sure if she likes my nickname for her or not.  I find it EXTREMELY funny!hahahahahaha

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I was just blog hopping and found it. :) I love the country and history, so sweet post!

    ~Bethany~

    www.asheracres.com (if u wanna check out my blog.... :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bethany! Thanks for stoppin' by! I just checked out your blog, I LOVE it!!! Looks like you lead a pretty awesome life too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josie! Farm life is the best! It is funny to see city poeple come out to the country and be afraid of everything! We live on a farm too and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eastlyn! You are so right, farm life is the best! Yea it's funny to see peoples eyes get big when the coyotes go to howling in the evening or when the June bugs buzz around them and they bout tear the door off of the house trying to get in!LOL
    Anyways, I checked out your blog, you take some GREAT pics!!!

    ReplyDelete